- This is a digital service of the Government of the Republic of Fiji.
- When you register to use careFIJI, we will seek your consent to only collect your mobile number. This information is necessary to register your account and enable health officials to contact you, at the earliest, if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have come in close proximity, even unknowingly, to a positive COVID-19 user. No other personal information is collected such as your full name, age or address.
- With your consent, the following contact data will be collected in an encrypted and analysed form:
- Mobile number;
- Date and time of contact; and
- Bluetooth signal strength of other careFIJI users with which you come into close proximity.
The above encrypted information will be securely stored on the mobile devices and cannot be accessed by anyone, including you.
- Your personal information will be used for the sole purpose of enabling health officials to carry out contact tracing immediately and is limited to the following:
- sending you an SMS to confirm your mobile number or upload your encrypted and anonymised contact data;
- providing health officials with access to the registration information and contact data to enable contact tracing; and
- using encrypted user IDs in uploaded contact data to identify other careFIJI users that a positive COVID-19 user had contact with in a 28 day period.
- To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of your mobile number is secured with appropriate security technologies. You can help further by safeguarding the confidentiality of your unique ID that is generated once you have registered an account.